October 24, 2011

Mindfully Mundane on a Monday

In between stringing to-do's, dealing with lists, cramming thoughts and new ideas distract, my mind is full on a Monday. It's easy to lose focus on mechanical days when one works but dreams about short cuts to the future. My mind is playing tricks on me again, restless and in a rush. I really don't want last week's mindless actions tagging along on October's last week. If I have time to whine, I have time to direct reckless thoughts. This space has been a saving grace for me. If only I could show up even if I don't feel like showing up. Well, today is a start. You know what they say- "if you can't change your mind, you can't change anything."

Uprising, Abstract Error (03)
I find this abstract error amusing. It puts me into the presence of nothingness but I love it nonetheless. It is what it is. With colored perception, it is what you make it to be. Looking at this picture reminds me that the sublime does not reside in the to-do lists. Instead it lives in an experienced moment. 'Gotta shake up the mundane on Mondays and become more mindful in days to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment